VP, Finance and Supply Chain
JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care system for Tarrant County in North Texas. Licensed for 578 beds, the network includes an acute care hospital andmore than 40 community-based clinics, including19 school-based clinics. John Peter Smith Hospital is home to Tarrant County's first and only Level 1 Trauma Center, its only psychiatric emergency services site and has the largest hospital-based family medicine residency program in the nation. Our network employs more than 6,500 people.
Acclaim is our multispecialty medical practice group. Acclaim has over 300 providers serving the JPS Health Network in specialties ranging from primary care to general surgery and trauma. The Acclaim group has been formed around a common set of incentives and expectations supporting the operational, financial and clinical performance
outcomes of the network. Our goal is to provide high quality, compassionate clinical care for every patient, every time.
For more information, visit http://www.jpshealthnet.org.
To view all job vacancies, visit http://www.jobs.jpshealthnet.org/ or http://www.teamacclaim.org.
Description: : Vice President Finance and Supply Chain will be responsible for the establishment and maintenance of accounting principles, practices, records, procedures and financial strategic plan for JPS Health Network. This position will be the strategic and tactical leader for financial initiatives across JPS Health Network and will coordinates the development and implementation of operating and capital budgets, safeguards assets, and implement the financial policies and procedures for all JPS entities. This role provides leadership to the functions of general accounting, accounts payable, payroll, supply chain, budgeting, decision support, reimbursement, investments, non-patient receivables, daily cash management, tax management, financial reporting, and intercompany transactions and general contract oversight. This position will coordinate operations with other hospital departments, medical staff, and other related entities. Coordinates the JPS Acclaim & Foundation consolidated financial statements and the audited financial statement process.
- Champion who provides leadership for the development and implementation of JPS Health Networks financial strategic plan, the annual operating budget (includes statistical, FTE, expense, revenue, capital, and cash budgets) and related budgeted financial statements consistent with JPS budget guidelines.
- Monitors the financial performance and financial position of JPS to identify variances and key trends that affect financial viability as well as reviews key financial and utilization discrepancies with senior management and other stakeholders.
- Establishes and maintains a margin improvement program focused on improving the operating performance. Establishes objectives for managing supply chain cost improvement activities.
- Maintains a long-term financial plan and a financial statement projection that supports the JPS strategic plan.
- Responsible for the proper accounting and disbursement of funds (payments) owed to vendors for goods or services. Assures that proper protocol exist for authorization of such transactions in regards to district policy, dollar limits, budget requirements, internal control, and other criteria.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate filing of cost reports and other necessary information for third party reimbursement from Medicare and Medicaid. Directly oversees the reporting and accuracy of payments from programs including Disproportionate Share (DSH), Upper Payment Limit, medical education, and other governmental sources.
- Responsible for serving as an investment officer and assuring investment practices are consistent with the investment policy and Public Funds Investment Act requirements.
- Assures compliance with local, state, and federal regulatory agencies. Prepares and files federal, state, hospital association, third party, rating agency, and other financial reports as required.
- Directs and provides oversight to external auditors on completion of annual financial audits of JPS. Directly reviews and monitors corrective action plans regarding management letter and other recommendations for improving and/or correcting deficiencies in accounting hospital control procedures.
- Establishes relations with banks and other financial institutions to maximize return on short-term cash and effectiveness of cash management activities. This includes maximizing fraud prevention efforts.
- Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited college or university.
- Masters degree required, preferably in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of seven (7) years hospital finance administration experience in a healthcare setting.
- Minimum of seven (7) years leadership experience.
- Experience within supply chain operations, financial operations and hospital finance
- Current knowledge of GAAP, GASB and Federal, State and local laws and regulations and their implication and impact on the Network must be maintained.
- Highly skilled in network-based, computer applications including, but not limited to, spreadsheets, data bases and word processing.
- Licensure as a CPA strongly preferred.
Preferred Education and Experience:
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
Preferred Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
1350 S. Main Street
Fort Worth, Texas, 76104
To apply, visit https://jpshealth.contacthr.com/76585059
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency